Frequently asked questions:
- How do I book my holiday accommodation?
- You can either make a booking directly through this website by using the "check availability box" to the left, by filling out the 'contact us' form or you can call our office on +44(0)203 488 2337 or +44(0)203 667 3356 and a member of staff will be glad to help you.
- Is booking online secure?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you make a booking. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database. It will only be accessible by those authorized with special rights to such systems. They are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
- Can I bring my pet with me?
- Some of our properties are pet friendly. Please confirm with AJP before booking.
- What are the benefits of staying with AJP?
- Quality, Service, Value!
Our holiday homes are designed to give you that homely feeling, unlike other standard apartments and our service is second to none, with friendly and approachable staff.
How do I obtain a visa?
You can purchase a visa on arrival at the airport currently €25. Please note that some Visa and MasterCard are accepted but it is advised to have a sufficient amount of Euros to avoid any problems. A standard visa is valid for 1 month.
Which currency is used in Cape Verde?
The local currency is Escudos (CVE). There is a fixed bank exchange rate of 110.265 CVE = 1 Euro. Euros are accepted everywhere, however, you can expect a loss of around 10% on the exchange rate, as this is not applied in most local shops, bars and restaurants. It's advisable to exchange your Euros into Escudos in a bank on arrival, the charge for this service is 250 CVE per transaction (any amount).
Do I need any vaccinations before my travels?
Some websites do recommend vaccinations however we always advise guests to seek medical advice before traveling to Cape Verde.
Is it safe to drink tap water?
We would not recommend drinking the tap water in Cape Verde, however, we have installed water filters in most properties to provide safe, clean drinking water.
What is the time zone in Cape Verde?
Cape Verde Time (CVT) is a time zone used by the Atlantic island nation of Cape Verde. The zone is one hour behind UTC (UTC-1).
How do I gain access to my property?
A member of our team will meet and greet you on arrival at the property to assist you with the check in and hand over the keys. If you are staying in one of the resorts, you will be greeted at the resort reception. If we have arranged your airport transfer, the driver will inform us once they have made contact with you. If you are arranging your own airport transfer, please call us on arrival so we can ensure a member of our staff is there to meet you.
What if I'm arriving late?
No stress! The same procedure as above applies.
What are the check in and check out times?
Our policy states check in after 2pm and check out before 11am, however, we can be flexible depending on other bookings. We request that if you want check out later than 11am, to contact us 24 hours before to confirm. We can assist you in storing your luggage in a safe place. Please contact us for further information.
Is house keeping available during my stay?
Yes, housekeeping is available subject to additional costs.
What is the cancelation policy?
If we have not received full payment 8 weeks prior to your arrival date, and have not had a cancelation notice from you, we will need to cancel your booking and re open availability on all calendars. If you have made full payment, and have canceled after 8 weeks prior to your arrival date, unfortunately we will not be liable to refund any money. If you cancel anytime before 8 weeks, you will only lose the non refundable deposit of 25%, we will not request any further fees or payments. (Please note we will email you a document containing the date payment is due, and will send a reminder beforehand).
What are security deposits?
We request a refundable security deposit for each reservation. The amount covers any damage or breakages caused to the property or any of its contents during your stay. Please visit our terms and conditions page for more information.
Will I incur any other charges during my stay?
When making your booking, you will find a list of additional options. If you add those to your reservation, the payment will be taken before arrival. Please refer to our terms and conditions page.
If you have any other questions that are not listed on this page, please contact AJP.